August 21, 2015 - the girl in the black dress
Italian Delicacies in Mumbai
- MANOJ PASTA (known as WTC Pasta, Location: Cuffe parade):Opposite world trade centre, between the two sides of the road (on the divider), with the help of a chulha *gasp* , is where yummy delicious creamy pasta is made! It is literally in the middle of the road! Who would have thought, right?!! You will always find a huge crowd out here after office hours.Their mix veg pasta (mixture of red and white sauce) is absolutely divine!
They also have unique dishes like pasta on a khichiya (papad) and Pasta in a Pizza style. This is street food at its best. A must try for all the cheesy pasta lovers.
- MIA CUCINA (Powai):Me-ya Cu-chee-na (in terms of pronunciation).The minute you see this place,you just goWOWWWW!! It has a complete vintage décor and holds a charm of its own. Good music is playing on the speakers.The menu is vast and even includes anti pasti.
The service is really really patient, polite and very attentive. If you ask them to click a picture of your gang, they will offer to click two 🙂
- QUESSO (Andheri west):Being a pure vegetarian restaurant, quesso attracts a lot of families on the weekend. The food here is absolutely mamma mia! The desserts are beautifully presented with great attention to detail.And the best part? Very quick service! So if you are absolutely ravenous, then this is the place to go! Your food will arrive within 5-10 minutes!
- OUT OF THE BLUE (Powai and Khar):Out of the blue is a very well managed restaurant. The ambience is lovely! The seating arrangement is divided into two sections. One section is for people who want to eat with peace and quiet with comfortable sofas and cushions and the other section is where the live music is held. They also have games and offers on special occasions. Talking about the food, it is delicious! The risotto is to die for! Also, this place is known for its unique fondues like deconstructed pizza fondue,crack pepper fondue and chicken and ham fondue.
- MANGI FUORI (Juhu):Guarded by a huge mango tree at the entrance, this restaurant puts the ‘C’ in Classy. The ambience is cool, cozy and comfortable. The menu provides a range of great dishes to choose from and it seems like a dream come true for an ultimate Italian fan! Woodfried pizzas are very popular here. Two dishes to definitely try out are gnocchi di spinachi and zuppa di funghi porcini which is nothing but a very delicious mushroom soup!