December 23, 2014 - wanderwizard
Things to do in Manali
Whether it is a group of friends, or a couple on their honeymoon; a family for weekend getaway, or a lone photographer, Manali has something to offer for everybody.
Where to stay?
Go for Cottages (preferably river-side) or camping. A couple could opt for one of the many luxury resort packages.
How to Commute?
Driving till Manali is tiring. Hiring a cab or private bus is recommended.
Number of Days
3 days should be enough.
Places to Visit
- Solang Valley: This place is for adventure sports like paragliding and zorbing. For paragliding there are 3 levels; the higher the level you want to choose, the higher will be the cost. Solang Valley is also famous for its Ice Shiv Lingum temple. A nice trek and skiing are the things you can look forward to.
- Rohtang Pass: Do not miss it. You’ll be surrounded by snow, and will have to take proper overcoats and boots on rent. It would be like “North of the wall” from Game of Thrones.
- Other Adventure Sports: White river rafting, rock climbing and Trekking.
- Make sure to visit the famous Hadimba Temple. You will be in the lap of nature. The surrounding forest with long trees is one of the most romantic spots in Manali.
- Historical and Religious Places: Naggar Castle , Jamula Temple and Bijli Mahadev Temple.
- Choose from one of the waterfalls like Jana Falls, Rahala falls and Jogini waterfall. You can have loads of fun at these waterfalls with your friends. Also, take bath at the hot water spring.
- One of the evenings must be spent in Old Manali. This place has a completely different feel to it. Here you will find a strange mixture of Old Manali village but populated with foreigners.
- And of course, the Mall Road.
- On your way back, do pay a visit to the Manikaran Sahib Gurudwara; and be ready to be surprised by its unconventional structure and methods of service.
PS- You can cover the Manali-Leh route if you are fond of adventure bike riding.