October 7, 2014 - wanderwizard
Places to Visit in Jaipur
Whether you are fond of forts or shopping, Jaipur is a fantastic weekend getaway for you. And if you happen to have a budget to afford a good hotel to stay, it would be an icing on the cake. Two days are sufficient to take a round of all the amazing Jaipur places to visit.
Reaching Jaipur is very easy. You don’t need to drive to this city. Flights, good trains and buses- all are available to get you to Jaipur.
Find a hotel near railway station, no matter what your budget is. I’d recommend you Umaid Bhawan Hotel because of its traditional outlook and good food.
Here is an easy Jaipur itinerary plan:-
- The Three forts:-
- Hire a Cab and visit the forts in the sequence: Amer, Jaigarh and Nahargarh.
- Give maximum time to Amer fort because it is the most beautiful of them all.
- Do not walk to Amer fort from the foot of it; either go by car or ride an elephant.
- Do not walk to Jaigarh Fort from Amer; go by car.
- Carry food with you because there are no good cafes in or around these three forts.
- Make sure that you hire a guide in each of these forts (especially Amer) otherwise you will be bored walking from room to room without observing the little details and significance.
- Shopping Spree:-
- Keep an entire day for shopping.
- The three main markets where you can shop for traditional clothes, footwear, bags, bed covers and earrings are Bapu Bazaar, Nehru Bazaar and Johari Bazaar.
- While you are in any of these markets, you can also visit the famous Hawa Mahal on the go.
- Chokhi Dhani:-
NOTE: Do not return from Jaipur without visiting Chokhi Dhani. It is a unique experience.
- Visit Chokhi Dhani in the evening.
- Keep at least 4 hours for this amazing place.
- On your way to Chokhi Dhani, you can stop at Sanganer village for shopping. There are factories in Sanganer that manufacture superior, export quality products.